Friday, June 13, 2008

She made me cry for father's day

Princess: you know how there is a mother's day and a father's day?

Me: yeah?

Princess: I am going to have a step-mother's day made. Wonder who I talk to about that?

It hit me hard and she doesn't even know it (she's only 9). People have no idea how much I take comments like these and dissect them 9,000 different ways to find the real meaning - what they were really saying, why they said it, why they said it when they said it, what they really want from me, how it fits into the universe, and how it will affect me 50 years from now. Good gawd I'm a freak.

So many random thoughts. Princess calling me from college, Princess with me on my 70th birthday, Princess helping me plant my flowers when the arthritis in my back gets too bad.... Princess checking me into a nursing home. Oh no, wait... not that. Snap out of it.

Watching her life unfold is something I look forward to . It's because she is a girl. A girly girl.

3 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

That is so sweet. You both sound lucky to have each other!

Unknown said...

Just jumped over from Mama's Losin' It...I over think kids comments myself...I certainly think it means she loves you...

BTW read some of your profile, and I have the same music tastes...for the most part.

Rhea said...

What a sweetie pie! She sounds like a sweet girl who knows she has a great stepmother.

I forgot to tell you, I found you through SITS. Nice to meet you!