Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I could have married a UPS driver

You may remember that new headboard. I ordered some lights for the inside of it so that I wouldn't miss the functionality of the old skank headboard. I'm sentimental that way.

Off topic, there is a wall switch in our bedroom that I have been asking Mr. Right to replace for... 2 months now. I think he has been too busy being off work because he hasn't been able to fit it into his schedule. He does have a grueling tour with Call of Duty on the Wii so I totally understand.

However, when the lights showed up in the mail today (I know this via the wonderful UPS tracking website), I sent Mr. Right an email from work asking him to leave the box alone because I would like to supervise that installation.

This triggered an argument that I am not the boss of him and he is getting his tools now to do the installing.

This is what I like to call an epiphany. I need to rethink my whole approach. Rubbing meatloaf on items that need repairing is not the way to go.

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I'm sure you were frustrated but I got a laugh out of it at least. I can just picture you rubbing meatloaf on lightbulbs that need changing, leaking toilets, the lawnmower... It's all about finding the right tools to speak to them. I hope you enjoy your newly-lit skank-free headboard!

Amy said...

Men! They are just like kids, they do exactly the opposite of what they are told!

Anna Lefler said...

You are TOTALLY the boss of him. He's just delooooding himself.

XO

A.

Mariah said...

So, do you you wear a sexy little leather outfit while bossing him around?? :)