Monday, March 10, 2008

Instincts are 20/20

When will I ever learn to follow up on my instincts?

When I see Princess with that sneaky look on her face, why o why do I always forget to pursue it? Am I lazy? Am I stupid? Do I just have a bad memory? Do I like to torture myself?

She was facinated with the whole set your clocks ahead thing yesterday. In fact, she snuck into our bedroom and moved our clock ahead an hour. Just in time for me to go in and move it ahead another hour. This means I got up at 4:30 this morning. I did catch her but didn't know I was catching her... if that makes sense.

I need a nap like those people at Google.

Totally unrelated. Daddy installed a new door handle on our bedroom with a lock (may or may not have been my idea). Princess was preoccupied with this but Daddy's response to the why why why was funny. He told her that we kiss in there sometimes and we don't want her to see us. Cracked me UP because she was totally mortified. I love that *gross* look they get on their face.

Later on I got a "yeah right whatever" when I asked her to go to the road to get the mail. She has now won herself the getting of the mail responsibility every day. No exceptions. Rain sleet or snow. It will now be her responsibility. Let the chips fall where they may (note to self: check the yard for missing mail).

I'm so glad I don't have to get the mail now. If I could only figure out a way to get her to wash my car?

No comments: